View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Prashiy
Base Member

Drives: 10 ZR Spt Black 6MT
Prashiy is on a distinguished road
Default dealer recommendation for oil cooler install

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and the new owner of a 2010 370Z roadster with 6K miles from the previous owner (barely used). I have to say, this forum really is a gold mine of information for people like me to get ourselves up to speed with the nuances of our vehicles, understand and enjoy them better. I thank all contributors and posters. Here is the reason for my first post: I have been noticing the oil temp running around 220-245F when I drive in stop & go traffic or at normal speeds on canyons, CA-73 or even on Palos Verdes. I have read the thorough discussions in this forum and others about oil cooler addition and I have decided to invest in the nissan motorsport one (21300-SS370) recommended by nissan.
I need recommendations on a good Nissan Dealer who could install the nissan motorsport cooler for me. I want a dealer who has done this installation before and know all the nuances in the installation like proper orientation, seal, securing without vibration, any minor mods required etc. I do not want some dealer who would end up using my ZR baby as a guinea pig and learn his first install. I live in Redondo Beach, anything 50 miles would be convenient because if everything goes well I am planning to use the dealer for servicing and other maintenance too.
I see that the folks at Edmunds had used S. Monica nissan for their 2009 test vehicle to install the oil cooler. It has been quite sometime since then. Based on experiences of other members of this forum, are there any good nissan Dealers who have done this in SoCal area?
Thanks in advance..
Prashiy is offline   Reply With Quote