View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #85 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokwork View Post
Yes uprev is worth every penny, best mod I've done so far. I saw someone say to do it in 4th gear, in the 370Z you want to use 5th gear as it's the 1:1 gear that will provide the most acccurate results. There are some shops that do not want you to go that fast on their dyno so that's understandable. I hit the speed limiter in 5th (153mph) and had to raise it to finish the uprev. Everyone with at least a couple of bolt ons should go get uprev if you really want to unlock the potential of this engine!
I'll probably end up getting it done at Hill's Garage in the fall/winter later this year. You want to do it in 4th gear for the 7AT on the 370Z and I guess 5th gear on the 6MT. Both are the 1:1 gear on the respective transmissions.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote