View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
^pioneer has made great quality head units for years. some of the best on the market. If the firmware is the issue then that's a different story. But hopefully they've seen or heard about these issues and have fixed it in this new head unit. My clarion is the same, the firmware sucks and there's bugs. No point in keeping sending it back, just wait for updated version of the firmware OR buy the next one they offer with updated firmware. A lot of brand name double dins experience similar issues with firmware in various functions. I wouldn't justify that as saying that it's a POS. That said I'd give this head unit a try for sure.
Please do a google search on pioneer and s*** plenty of threads about the fallowing:

pico fuse blown, screen flickers or fails, cd's stop ejecting, unit bricks, motorized units fail to move, and so on.

I gave up on the years ago and started a HUGE thread on caraudio.com over 10 pages later of most people venting about how bad their units were and are.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/head-...e-pioneer.html

I have gotten pm's on this forum even about people asking why they didn't go with another brand in the first place. Are there the exceptions of course however my overall experience with them is a negative one and a very large number of them in all.

If I even had to single out one flaw in the pioneers I would simple say pico fuse and there are pages and pages of people saying it blows for no reason one day and BAM alternator wine. However this could be caused by their installer not grounding the unit properly or simply by them hot swapping rca's one day. But for the answer to be either ground your rca outputs onto your head units chassie or send it to pioneer to get it replaced. My thought is why should I have to do either on a 1k+ head unit in the first place.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 03-03-2012 at 09:41 PM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote