View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

The first videos I did were for Zaino and Meguiar's. Since then, I have had a ton of companies, not all having anything to do with detailing, approach me with different offers. They saw the videos and were impressed with what they saw, but wanted some kind of way to tell what audience and how much of an audience they were reaching. Since I didn't want to go the You Tube route of sticking advertisements on my videos at that time, the coupon code worked wonders. Now I'm thinking about the advertisement.

Since then, I have been paid by all kinds of companies to do various things, mostly classes. I even ended up teaching computer classes for CompUSA and AARP members at a local college in my town, since that is where my degree of study is in. So I really didn't need to be compensated by anyone for those videos because those videos brought in a totally different income stream for me. But here's the deal. My lifestyle is extremely streamlined. I can pay all my bills for the month with 10 hours of work at my business. Because of that, I can sit at home and pick and choose who I want to work with. That's the mentality of a Marine Corps grunt. You can learn to do without, and really not be doing without anything at all.

So have those videos done well for me? Hell yea, you saw the Lambo I was rubbing on. That kind of opportunity and the people I have met is worth more to me than any monetary amount. I've been flown abroad and to Canada just to show what I know. They don't get Adam's in the UK but my techniques transfer across any good product. So if the group I'm showing this stuff too uses Menzerna, then that's what I use. If they use Dodo Juice, that's what I use. If they use Meguiar's, I'm there. It doesn't matter what they use, I can make it work if the product is worth a dime.

So you're right, I'm getting paid big time. You just have the source all wrong in who is paying me the big dollars. Adam's is way to small to have me on their payroll.