View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyB View Post
Oh really? I didn't know Warner Chemical moved to Boulder.
Allow me to enlighten you as an Adam's employee (Dylan), who would know has already addressed this. I'll quote him.

"Let me just put this to bed for you now. We are not, have not, and never will be associated with CG. Its an ugly rumor, spread by CG to undermine the competition. The running joke in the industry is that if you ask them who built your car they'll likely tell you they have a plant that turns out Z's for Nissan in the back of their shop. To those who actually know the truth of it all, its funny that this rumor carries the weight it does - people who perpetuate it generally base their "knowledge" on assumptions and things that they read on other forums.

Used to be rumored we were the same b/c we were close together geographically... well, we moved to Boulder, CO years ago. So much for that.

Then there's the stuff about CG is or owns Warner Chemical... I don't think Dave Warner, the owner of Warner Chemical would take too kindly to that. We buy some of our raw materials from Warner, at some time CG may have as well, but that's about the extent of it.

We source raw materials and concentrates from about 7 different sources currently... none of them are CG... only one of them is still in California (Warner). All our products are our proprietary recipes, either mixed in house, or blended to our specifications off-site due to logistical reasons.

Then there's the one big flaw in the philosophy - CG DOESN'T MAKE ANYTHING FOR ANYONE! They are not a raw materials manufacture, they don't have chemical vats and silos at their location, they buy materials from other companies just like we do. Actual chemical manufactures are few and far between... very few companies have the means to synthesize polymers and blend raw chemicals... 3M/Meguiar's are one of the very few operations that have the means to actually MAKE their own stuff entirely in house and that's because 3M is a multinational fortune 500 company with decades of chemical manufacturing experience and the means to do it."

So there's the word, straight from a Adam's employee in the know. You now know just as the rest of the world knows. Any deniel of the truth from here on out is just trollin'.