View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBucket View Post
Well, the only disappointing thing about the sanding was it didn't look or feel any different after he did it. There's some other spots where it seemed like he didn't hit? So I'm curious if me paying direct attention to it would help out. My dad is interested in a machine polisher as well, this may be a Summer project. I'll be doing Adam's, Dylan.
Take a close up picture of the area and post it up for us to see.

And don't be scared of a machine polisher. I went straight to the Flex dual action polisher. I had used cheap black and decker orbital buffers from walmart but always burned them out after a few uses. Got the Flex for Christmas from my girl this year and LOVE it. So easy to get rid of swirl marks on a well maintained car.

I don't see how people could get burn-in with this. You'd have to push really hard or use a really aggressive compound and pad. Even if you do that you can easily remove it by stepping down in pads and polish.

I know a lot of people recommend going for a portercable first, but I would skip it. I now do detailing jobs on the weekend cause I can get even pretty damaged cars (including a friend's bmw that had swirl burn-in from someone using a rotary buffer wrong) looking nearly brand new in a day.

I'd also recommend the Adam's pads if you go with the Flex. I had used a competitor's that came with my Flex as part of the gift for the first two cars. After switching to the Adam's pads for the 3rd I noticed a big difference in how quickly the fine polish was able to get the last of the swirls out. Seemed to get a better overall sheen too compared to the grooved pads that came with my kit.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote