View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Shadax
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
Shadax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanracer View Post
Some of the older VQ35 engines used in the maxima had four cats, two pre-cats ahead of the normal cat that you'd normally see in an exhaust. I'm not sure why he would say that after having the car up on a lift though, it would be immediately evident that the pre-casts were not present on the 370z.

In my experience, most mechanics will try to convince you that aftermarket parts are a waste if they are not an enthusiast themselves. They are so used to seeing cobbled up stuff that they usually push people away from aftermarket parts. I wouldn't give the guy to much credit because he obviously doesn;t know much about the 370. You've made a good choice and will be very happy with the money that you spent.
That's reassuring, thanks! My only concern right now is the possible hissing\leak during acceleration. I don't always hear it, only if I really step on it and it's between like 3k and 5k before it's no longer audible.

I wish I had other Z owners to hang out with or check it out to see if it's just me not used to the sound or an actual problem
Shadax is offline   Reply With Quote