View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Put in a Stillen G3 intake yesterday night...

Took me about 4 hours, but that also includes eating dinner.

The hardest part was putting the front fascia back on. I had it off within 20 minutes (thanks to this thread (DIY: Front Bumper Removal)).

I got the old intake parts out within 30 minutes.

The hardest in terms of potenial "oops factor" was taking a dremel to the air duct holes / core support.

It'd helped if i had the right kind of bit - but, I didn't, and just had to basically melt my way through the plastic (ack!) - but, I got it in. I also now need to polish the tubes as the plastic had some sharp edges and put some light scratches on it. I've polished stainless steel to mirror-levels before, so it won't be a big deal - then again, I could just hit it with some 80 grit and give it that satin look

So, of course, I took it out for a spin. This is the first mod, and I'm surprised, I could tell.

Mostly, it'll spin them tires from a stop sign louder than before all the way through 1st and chip them in 2nd (that's my dyno) - and even kick the rear end a bit more to the right than before...

But the GROWL from under the hood is quite a bit more - more throaty. I also noticed when you open it up the exhaust (remember - stock!) - seems to really rumble too - more than it did before.

Well, next up is an exhaust, but that'll be near x-mas, if not tax-return season...

Last edited by kannibul; 08-19-2009 at 11:35 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote