View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
AdamsPolishes
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 Avalanche
AdamsPolishes has a spectacular aura aboutAdamsPolishes has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSpeedDemon View Post
If a real wet sand didnt' get it out then polishing won't. that means it's all the way through the clear coat. The only option you have is measure the clearcoat sand it down as low as you are comfortable going and polish up what's left. Junkman has a post on the Adam's forums where he took a pretty deep scratch out of the side of a car with this method. It's not perfect but much better.

My girl's car is the same way. It has a pretty demolished hood with several bird dropping etches. The result of 4 years of female ownership.

I used the Adam's 3 step process with 3 passes with the severe, 2 with swirl and haze and 3 with fine polish and they still didn't come all the way out. It did smooth out the surface enough that when cleaned and waxed it isn't noticeable from more than 3-4 inches away... but like you i am OCD and notice it there still. When the car is dirty and not properly reflecting the light it's a bit more noticeable. I does look much better than before though and I do highly recommend their products. With just two passes with the fine machine polish I was able to make my 9 year old Mazda and 3 year old Z both look perfectly brand new.

BTW, I use a Flex polisher not a Portercable
My bad... missed the part of the original post where sanding was mentioned... yea... if sanding it didn't remove the problem its too far gone to repair without sanding further and risking going too far.

Might just be one of those situations where you get it 'as good as it can look' and live with it unfortunately.

AdamsPolishes is offline   Reply With Quote