View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #325 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
Hi,

I am looking to buy a 370 in a month or two; I’m checking the market place forum and also auto trader. I want something with under 20K miles in maybe a sport package.

My question is: how does the automatic transmission perform vs. the manual?

I grew up driving a manual transmission and was planning on buying this 370 with a manual but I see allot of automatics for sale on autotrader that look really nice for pretty good prices.

I am going to use the car as a daily driver to and from work on mostly open highways and some winding highway. I will be the only one driving it, the wifey has her suv.

Can the automatic be used similar to a manual if you wanted? Yes
How is the reliability of the automatic if a person shifted it manually allot? 32k and no problems as of yet.
If I bought an automatic and wanted to do some serious canyon carving would I be disappointed with the automatic? Not in the least. It makes timing downshifts fun.

I am looking for feedback on your experiences and thoughts with a manual vs. automatic trannys.

Thanks,

John - Montana

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote