View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #323 (permalink)
jpritche
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 RR, '14 IS250
jpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond reputejpritche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
No, get the manual.

Ibtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
Hi,

I am looking to buy a 370 in a month or two; I’m checking the market place forum and also auto trader. I want something with under 20K miles in maybe a sport package.

My question is: how does the automatic transmission perform vs. the manual?

I grew up driving a manual transmission and was planning on buying this 370 with a manual but I see allot of automatics for sale on autotrader that look really nice for pretty good prices.

I am going to use the car as a daily driver to and from work on mostly open highways and some winding highway. I will be the only one driving it, the wifey has her suv.

Can the automatic be used similar to a manual if you wanted? How is the reliability of the automatic if a person shifted it manually allot? If I bought an automatic and wanted to do some serious canyon carving would I be disappointed with the automatic?

I am looking for feedback on your experiences and thoughts with a manual vs. automatic trannys.

Thanks,

John - Montana
For the AVERAGE driver, the automatic tends to be just a smidge faster.

The automatic can be used sort of like a manual. You can choose the gear you are in, and you choose when you shift.

I have the automatic, and I have loved it the whole time I have had it. I haven't been disappointed with it at all.

However, I agree with Kenchan on this. I love the automatic don't get me wrong, but if I could go back, I would have gotten the manual. After college, I plan to go FI, but I have to watch how high my torque gets because the auto can't handle as much as the manual. Plus, you just don't get the same feel with an auto. Go manual. IMO.
jpritche is offline   Reply With Quote