View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
TonySlimfast
Base Member

Drives: 10' 370z black vert
TonySlimfast is on a distinguished road

Also had issues with the roadster:
1. top hitting the tonneau cover as it would open
2. After dropping the roadster on coilovers, i started to hear a squeaking noise only coming from the rear DRIVER side, (which originally, i thought was my damper was squeaking) but im sure its near the tonneau cover because if i tap or hit the hinges of the tonneau cover, near the trunk cover i can sorta hear the sound again. Plus i had a friend riding with me with half his body off the car listening for it.
3. I hear a different squeaking noise from both ends of the rear when i go up and down a driveway, it sounds like a chassis flex causing something squeak I am thinking the the Roadster is not coilover friendly but that didnt bother me as much as problem 1 and 2
ANYways.. I Brought it to Nissan, told them my top was hitting the cover and it was making noise. They installed me a brand new top within 2 weeks (no questions or hassle, dealer said it was $15,000 to fix =X) . Got the car back, Top is now operating smoothly, no contacts with the cover. But , the squeaking noise slowly started to come back, and is now squeaking very often. I will be bringing the car back to nissan soon... i think it has something to do with or near the Tonneau Cover hinges
TonySlimfast is offline   Reply With Quote