View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Both of those tires are a step down in terms of performance, but I guess some of it depends on your intended use.

If you are mostly just commuting, they will be fine. If you plan to do any sort of performance driving, there are a variety of superior options (the pss is popular now), as the re050s aren't exactly a great bang for buck tire.

The v12s especially have a very soft sidewall and are notably imprecise.

Whatever you do, don't mix tires front to rear
Thanks for the input. Yeah, that's what I'm seeing more. The RE760 seems to be softer than the re050a. I am seeing members buying PSS more and more. I'm tempted to buy it. but I think I'll hold off on that until next year or so as I will be commuting a lot on the Z still. V12 looks good and have decent review but yes the sidewall seem to be soft.

I think at this point, I may just get a pair of RE050a and call it a day (not mixing the tires front to rear). Next year or so, I'll probably get PSS all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWEZL View Post
Try comparing it with a local vendor. I was able to get RE11s for about $50 cheaper at Costco. The savings were even more since I didn't have to include shipping.
there's a local Costco that has RE-11s. but then I have to change all 4s as I was told it's a bad idea to mix tires. Is RE-11 upgrade from RE050a?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional View Post
bleh in need of new tires also. probably will be purchasing in about 2 days. i was thinking of getting the hankooks but wow those re760s got pretty good reviews. has anyone tried them out?
I think they are a little softer than RE050a. Yes it'll last longer and probably more quiet but you also lose agility.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote