View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel Starvation Problem Solved?

To begin with, I have no association with Integrated Engineering whatsoever.

With that said, I was perusing the latest Grassroots Motor Sports and saw their ad for a 100% universal surge tank. Of course I was immediately curious if this could solve our fuel starvation issues. I shot them an email asking if this unit would work on a 370Z.

This was their response:

Our surge tanks are designed to be completely universal. You will need to find a place to mount it, whether it be under the car, in the rear of the car, or in the engine bay. You will need to adapt your fuel lines to the surge tank. This can easily be done with a few -6an fittings and hose barb adapter fittings. You will not need to modify the fuel tank in any way.

You will need to run the factory feed line from the fuel tank into the surge tank, and run a return line from the surge tank back to the factory fuel tank (you can use the factory return line). You will also need a return line from the fuel rail to the surge tank.

I am pretty handy when it comes to mechanical issues, but the whole gasoline ( and resulting fire…)thing scares me a little. Maybe one of you more expert guys can install this thing and post a DIY.

Here is the web site Integrated Engineering Submerged 044 Billet Surge Tank WITH PUMP