View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #1066 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
Were you trying single malt, blended, or both?
Both. At the end of the day it just had too much of a "wood" taste for me, unlike bourbon, where I can actually taste the nuances of the various brands.

Right now as a daily drinker I have been drinking Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage, aged 10 years, about $25 a bottle. Evan Willams has traditionally been a lower end bourbon. Toward the end of the 90's they decided to make a higher end single barrel variety and the result turned out to be very respectible. It has been reviewed very favorably by quite a few aficionado rags