View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin09 View Post
Stopping power wise, not really worth it. I would say with ss lines, pads and a good fluid the difference will be marginal specially for street use.

I switched mine more for the "look".
I'm going to guess you never tried to go from 150mph to 0mph on the base brakes. For daily driving you won't notice a difference. But a big single piston vs 4 big pistons is apples and oranges in high performance braking. The SS lines are great because they remove the flexing factor during emergency brake stops. But from the BBK to the regular brakes at high speeds you will feel a massive difference. And the brake fade threshold is 10x higher onthe sport than base. I say the akebono's are the way to go BUT find a shop that can fabricate a worthy brake duct system and you're good to go. Also the Stop Tech Brake pack I recommend to anyone. Shop around. Prices vary depending on vendor.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote