View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #2237 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhopper29 View Post
Just joined this forum and will be moving back home to Dallas area mid April (if house is finished being built). Going to purchase a new Z after closing and looking for any insight to good dealership experiences...
Welcome back.

I suggest talking to Peter Trambly at Bankston Nissan in Irving (across from old Cowboys stadium). He's the internet sales manager. His first price quote for me was $600 over invoice price and more than $3500 cheaper than the final price I got at Nissan McKinney after 4 hours of the run-around. At Nissan of McKinney I walked in offering to sign that day at a specific price. They wouldn't come down to it. It was a very negative and unpleasurable experience.

I emailed Peter at Bankston the next day telling him exactly what I wanted but didn't mention a price. His first offer (replied the same day) was $1200 less than what I told the guys at McKinney I would have signed for ($3500 under their lowest price offer).

I told him to draw up the paperwork and I would be in the next day to sign it. I showed up the next afternoon, signed the paperwork which was all set to go and gave him my holding deposit.

He found the exact car I wanted 2 days later. It was still in transit from Japan and being shipped to a dealer in Arkansas. Since I already put down my holding deposit (was like $1000 refundable) he got the car for me. About 2 weeks after that the car showed up. When I went to pick it up they had everything ready for me, including a financing option through Chase at a slightly lower percentage rate then the one I had (saved me about $25 a month).

I've bought 4-5 cars and this was the only experience that was pleasurable. Super easy, everything done professionally, no unexpected problems.... I can't recommend this guy enough.

Last edited by TXSpeedDemon; 02-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote