View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
speedfreek
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 370Z PW 6sp
speedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant futurespeedfreek has a brilliant future

I am pretty noob myself with this being the first sports car I've owned. I drove my brothers 350Z Track Model years ago and did alright with it. Although I've rode sport bikes since I could drive. But the hand to hand coordination with the clutch and throttle is easier to me I have found on a bike than daily driving a manual car. I picked up the 370Z this past Saturday and 1st gear was tricky at first for me as well and hills are still a PITA for me.

However you are right that the clutch only catches on the top end. I practiced once I got it home in my neighborhood to learn exactly where it catches and try to make it muscle memory. At that point ease into the gas and as you begin to get under way ease the clutch out the last little bit. Like I said on flat ground I am solid but you have to be quicker on an incline so you dont roll back into the car behind you. In which case if you are rolling back you better find that sweet spot and give it some gas and let it go. The brake/gas is a thing of art lol.

Im 3 days in and my shifting is getting smoother each day. I am sure someone with much more experience will chime in with some helpful advice. Good luck!

Last edited by speedfreek; 02-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote