View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #130 (permalink)
Synack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Sideways
Synack will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by specblue02 View Post
I'm outside the 3 yr/36k miles on that part so it's no longer covered. He double checked and I found it as well on the nissan warranty information. Sucks that it's not covered but it is better than having to get a new engine. They're going to change the oil and put the tape on it for the oil consumption test so I'll be back within 2 weeks to have it checked.

$1375 is steep especially since it's right there and easy to access but it's cheaper than me having to trade it in to get a new car...but I have another 1k+ expense is tires coming up now too...

As my grandpa always says...it's always something

I found OEM MSRP pricing for a MAFS is 561...I can't imagine them spending that much per but if I were to buy myself I could get it like $450 so I guess it isn't absurd but still...it's a piece of plastic it looks like..
It's the sensor that reads air in your intakes. So they think your problem is going to be solved with a MAF replacement? I'm slightly under the impression that if your engine is clanking and knocking like mine then that is definitely not a fix for it. But you have a different situation than I do, you have oil. I had none whatsoever.