View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #122 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
Hey Junkman, is there a reason why you switched over from Zaino to Adam's? My dad and I are loving the Zaino system so it's going to be hard to switch over. But we're certainly open to trying new stuff. Are they comparable systems?
Very good question. I don't get asked this enough.

Zaino is very different from most of the products that you hear about in the detailing business. If you look at my Zaino videos, you will notice that I was simultaneously using Meguiar's along with it. The reason why is Zaino is more like a glaze instead of a polish. A glaze is used to FILL IN paint imperfections. It does NOT remove clear coat or scratches the way a traditional polish does. That's why you'll learn that the more coats of Zaino that you use, the better your car will look. If you build up enough layers of Zaino, it will pretty much hide all of the imperfections in your paint.

Now Zaino does have a traditional polish called Z-AIO. It will remove clear coat and thus, any scratches in the clear coat. The only thing about it is Zaino doesn't have another polish to follow it with. It is supposed to finish down pretty flawless but from my experience with it, it still needs to be followed with a lighter polish in order to finish it down flawlessly. When I used Zaino, I would follow Z-AIO with something like Meguiar's #9.

Since Zaino looked better with the more coats I applied, I hated it when I found a scratch and had to buff on it because that removed all of the Zaino in that area. Being as anal as I am, I was constantly fixing the car instead of driving it (and that was not good for someone who loves to drive his car). Thus, I decided to permanently FIX my scratches instead of covering them up with Zaino. By going with a traditional detailing product like Adam's, Meguiar's, 3M, (etc...), I was able to do the repair and protection of my paint a lot faster. So to answer your question directly, I decided to repair my scratches instead of hiding them.

A lot of people hearing that will turn around and ask me if one product is better than another. What I tell them is Zaino is DIFFERENT than other products in its category. That doesn't make it any worse or any better than another product, just different. Zaino definitely has its use in this industry. You don't need a machine to use it for one. Also, it is the preferred product that I would tell someone to use if the were working on a car that has the original 30 year old paint job and you can clearly see that the paint is thin in some areas. You DO NOT want to go buffing on paint that is so thin that buffing might remove it and expose the primer. That is a perfect scenario for the use of a product like Zaino.

So remember, it's not a question as to which product is better, it's a question of which product is best for your situation. No one product addresses everything so choosing the correct product for your situation and the results that you are wanting to achieve is crucial.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 02-26-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote