View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongMan View Post
How much psi should my front and rear tires be at?
rear 22-25psi / front 40psi

What rpm is our sweet spot?
when I was stock, 4000 rpm seemed to work best, but this depends on tires & track conditions

Should I avoid the burn-out puddle?
I'll go against the grain and say that a 3 to 4 second burnout works best for me, as opposed to just "peeling out"

Is a helmet required as I don't even know if I could hit 13's, but the 370z is known as a 13 second car?
get a helmet, you might not run 13's right away but eventually you will

How much gas should I have in the tank on my way to the track?
depends how far you are form the track and if there's a nearby gas station. with that said, I usually run 1/4 to 1/3 tank

Does the track have a gas station?
some but not all?

Should I try 100 octane race gas?
no

When should I launch at (regarding the tree)?
if you're just starting out, don't worry about the tree and just focus on your launch
A few other points I need to add:

Don't worry about the guy in the next lane. Just focus on your car, your lane and your time.

DO NOT DUMP THE CLUTCH. You'll just end up spinning out the tires and running crappy times. Just hold your RPM and let the clutch out easy (harder than you would on the street but not dumping it at the same time). Then as the tires grip and the rearend squats, give it more gas.

Don't be discouraged by less than great results your first time (or first few times) at the track. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Powershift if you're comfortable with it.

And don't forget to have fun.

Post your results too.

Last edited by tranceformer; 02-26-2012 at 07:22 PM.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote