View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
So I was at the track today, I'm a newbie BTW, and notice there are is a huge assortment of cars with major variations in power out there at the same time (my beginner group had plenty of vettes, a ferrari, GTR, 2 CTS-Vs, etc.) So it got me thinking, the GT-R is obviously superior to the Z in every way (except looks IMO), but would a newbie like me be significantly faster in one? Just how big of a difference does that superior power and handling make? Would a novice GTR driver be faster than an intermediate Z driver? Would a GTR driver with just a few track days of exp be faster than an intermediate or higher level Z driver? I am just curious because basically anytime see a GTR behind me, I'm already looking ahead tot he next passing zone to let him by. Any thoughts on this form guys who have maybe tracked both or at least 2 cars that ar eon 2 very different levels of performance?
I was sent to Spring Mountain on GM's dime as a promo for buying a Z06. While there, neither I, nor anyone else I saw, while driving a zr1 could keep up with an instructor in a stock camaro ss on ps2's. I remember when I was in a grand sport trying to keep up with the zr1 in front of me thinking "this isn't fair, no way I can hang with him!" and then I realized that he was still behind the instructors camaro. It was supremely humbling to know that in a 3300# 638 HP car that has set 'ring records, I could be manhandled by someone in a stock camaro. Total ego destruction. Everyone in the class had similar observations. My point here is, owning a Monet does not an artist make.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote