View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
JoeD
Banned

Drives: Z
JoeD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I agree man, I just didn't want to bump into the folks that you mentioned. I don't know a single person save some of the folks paying 25k for their turbo kits, that don't have issues when they TT a non-turbo motor.

Its always something, oil burning, blown turbo seals, leaking bov's, melting hoses, overboosting, boost leaks, blown hoses, wacky AFRs, clutch going, temps rising, detonation, bolts loosening, unfinished ends, etc. That list is far too long for the average person to deal with. I already dealt with all that crap and would be willing to put up with it to a certain extent if my car never saw the track.

Since I do track my car now and then, a TT is out of the question, because I know without a doubt that SOMETHING will happen, its just a matter of when. That uncertainty in the reliability of the car becomes rather stressful on a daily driven car..

Some folks don't have a clue what they are getting into, but perhaps 09Nismo does considering his experience with a TT Z.

As far as a very mild TT kit? that's a waste of money in my opinion, if you are going to TT you better build the block and run 30psi so you can get your money's worth and use the potential of the system. If you don't want 650hp, get a Supercharger and call it a day. Its more reliable over the long term...
I could not agree more on all points.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote