View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
I have the cobb and they sent me a 370 6mt instead of 7 at.
Had trouble loading the drives/
Have not got a clue how to tune it

I have the stillen headers, berk cats, stillen exhaust and stillen g3 intake.
Excellent choice of mods I must say.

Normally you need a dyno with a wideband 02 sensor and the fuel/air is the first thing you tweak. Dyno's and widebands make the process pretty simple as in the "old days" it was pure experience/trial and error as there was no objective feedback except power output. Every car is different but 13 to 1 (plus or minus some) is where most N/A cars make the best power

I've tried to tune while driving the car and the only thing that happened is I lost power. Do the dyno. This was my first experience with a Mustang dyno and I'm sold on the concept as they put a more of a driving type load on the car.

After you've found the fuel/air ratio the car likes and the fuel air line is flat, you can play with the timing. For reasons not known to me the fuel/air can change if you tweak the timing so make the proper adjustments. I not gained much either way on timing but have learned as a rule of thumb to be conservative on timing but aggressive on fuel/air. Make sure you are logging the car while it's on the dyno to see where you're at and make sure your not so aggressive that it's pulling out timing. A "puff' of exhaust is usually denotation.

Doing each run the same is the key as things can change with engine temps so make sure your cool down and water temp is consistent each run.

Of course...... we need to figure out how to get the software to work and then why the cars are not responding to input.

BTW....... If someone with host the dyno sheet e-mail me personally @ dmclain@medserinc.com. Please.

Last edited by Denny McLain; 08-18-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote