View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Does anyone have a pic showing where the rear damper is located exactly?
Hey Jordo, not the best picture but I guess it will do. I took this while I was installing my new toe bolts. Anyways, the damper is located directly in front of the spring perch.

Off topic... I thought the Nismo did have more welds on the chassis. This came directly from an Edmunds article in 09

"Underneath its showy aero bits, the 2009 Nismo 370Z is no less hard-core than the 350Z Nismo. Autech still takes the standard Z-car chassis off the assembly line and welds the seams of the unit body by hand — a labor-intensive process that increases structural rigidity beyond that of a normal, spot-welded unibody. Mass dampers are then fitted between the unibody's left and right frame members to control the extra vibration inherent in a seam-welded chassis."

So has it been confirmed that only the 350 Nismo had the extra welds?

Last edited by MJB; 02-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote