View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
XBarbarian
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z BL AT
XBarbarian is on a distinguished road
Default USB Stick Audio Source and Directory Mgt

Greetings,

so, one of the +'s to having the NAV unit on my '12, is the USB port to use as a source for .mp3's

Thing is, when I browse the disc.. the "Folder List" seems fubar... I have my 23 GB's of music ordered like this \Artist\Albums\Songs

There seems to be no real logic to the way browsing the Folder list orders things, which makes it difficult to navigate to specific artisits, etc

Just bought a HP micro USB Stick ( thing is like a nub compared to the 32GB stick I use in my wife's MB C300, thus wont stick so far into the compartment and in the way )

I Love having my library on Solid State, no discs to scratch, change etc, although using compressed audio ( .mp3's ) does sacrifice some quality.. I do use a high bit rate on my rips though, that helps

Anyway, so, now I copied the MB USB stick to the new mini HP.. am wondering.. has any one found a way to organize to help it be easily navigated?

I am considering adding a numbering scheme to the Root ( Artist ) directory.. i.e \069 Radiohead\ In Rainbows\ Tracks .......... maybe that would force the unit to browse easier?

Also, is there anything like a 8.3 convention involved? A max number of directories or something? ( Like a FAT FS, or FAT32? )

Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

Last edited by XBarbarian; 02-25-2012 at 10:20 AM.
XBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote