View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Gauge
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Nismo PW
Gauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I have a had time trying not to drive my Nismo too. Want to take it to work all the time. But work is not kind to cars.

Here's a thread about the clutch pedal. I did the spring replacement. Makes the clutch so much nicer.

Clutch pedal too soft/no feel? Remove the helper spring!
Thanks a lot man. Read through that thread an the other one it linked to. I'll definitely consider it. being out of s mode seems to help a lot with my problems. Mainly the problem I have with shifting is that I feel like I have to rev so much to get a smooth shift up that I'm going to end up in the back of the car in front of me. The car just wants to go. Shifting while maintaining speed or increasing speed very slowly is tough for me. It's been about 5 years since I've driven a clutch but my first 2 cars were manual so I'd like to think I wasn't amateur but maybe I forgot how to use one. I know I never used to have these problems...

If I'm on the highway and accelerating quickly the shifts are very smooth. But when I'm in regular traffic I can't seem to do it right.

Last edited by Gauge; 02-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote