View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

My car is at the shop... compressor, you may have seen my race Z with the engine out and taken apart on the lift directly ahead and to the right as you walk into the shop

Anyways, I would agree that Doug is a business owner trying to multi-task a thousand ways and not necessarily great at being thorough with each customer... not bad-mouthing the guy, but it is what it is... the shop is also a bit of a mess (visually), but that doesn't really bother me

I cannot say anything about their tuning, but they seem to have a track record of getting results on some Z's... will leave it to compressor and others to judge their capabilities in that area... at some point, they will be tuning my SC'd car to limit whp to 380 and maximize area under the curve, which should be a good test

The guys have done a good thorough job on my car so far managing the engine tear down and diagnosis... they are helping me source a new engine and I may trust them to rebuild the old one - we'll see... the techs are competent and friendly - I am certain of both

BTW, some of the other guys in the shop will answer the phone when Doug does not - and they can usually keep things moving forward

TL/DR - verdict still out, but nothing bad to say about this shop... some high quality tech's working there for Doug
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote