View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
compressor
Base Member

Drives: 350z
compressor is on a distinguished road
Default Zfever

After all the breather mods I took a look at my AFR's and I was running a little lean up top so a tune was in order. I searched for a licensed UpRev tuner in my area via UpRev's website. I came across ZFEVER. I had numerous questions through emails and Doug (the owner) replied back lightning quick to every one. So, we made an appointment for 9am. I was first on the books I was told. We got there at 9 on the dot. Nobody was there... Finally, someone showed up to let us in. We sat in the waiting area while they tried to get a hold of their tuner. 11 o'clock rolls around and my car is still sitting out front while I watch them hand push all the cars out of the shop... Doug shows up with Bluetooth in ear and throws on the charm by giving us the TV remote. Numerous time I thought he was talking to us, but it was just whoever he was talking to. (I did not expect to be wined and dined) Other than giving us the remote, it was as if we where not even there. The tuner comes in to work at last, but forgets the laptop cable to perform the tune. (things happen, I know) so, he is off to go get it. He returns and my car is driven in the shop and strapped to the dyno. It is now lunchtime and here we go ... NOPE! Somethings wrong with the dyno and now they have to source a part for it. (again, I understand things happen...) They get the part in a little over an hour. Now my car is running on the dyno and the tuning starts. He makes 6 pulls and is done in less then an hour. Doug calls me up to the counter and says your all set and $660 dollars was the total. (I expected that) $300 for the UpRev license and 2 hours tuning/dyno time... When I inquired about the 2 hours I was informed it was a standard charge. When, I asked to see the printout of the dyno results, he said his printer was out of ink and he would have to email them to me. A few days later after numerous phone calls I finally receive it. It is one screenshot of two runfiles. A overlay of Runfile 1 and runefile 6. With a peak hp gain of 4 hp between the two. 4 hp! No tourque #'s or AFR's... Certainly not the "average" peak 20-30hp I was told I could expect. (honestly I was expecting 10-15) The car actually feels not as powerful in the low-mid range and honestly feels no different up top. I am still trying to get a hold of Doug in regards to the tune results and the lack of torque and AFR's, but those lightning fast replies seem to have vanished... Just sharing my personal experience with them. I myself would not take my car back to them. Hope this helps.

Last edited by compressor; 02-24-2012 at 02:48 PM.
compressor is offline   Reply With Quote