View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Audio quality in the Z was never really a highlight, but at least we can still change out the HU and speakers. Look at the G37 with its totally integrated setup, and that was pretty much a deal breaker for me since I wanted to do a bit of customizations with the audio system.

Anyhow, a good audio system does not require rear speakers unless it's for movie watching. We just have to work a little harder with the front channels to make it sound good. I want to keep the speaker in the door without resorting to external enclosures. Anyone tried DLS audio? I'm going to experiment with their products.

As for the sub, I have it in the stock BOSE sub location in my Z33. For this setup, it'll be in the hatch. The goal is to create a box with the smallest foot print to hold a single 12" sub (eD) facing upwards. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way of the spare tire, but I've not looked at the pictures enough.

HU.... Kenwoood DDX812 (no navi). It has 13-band EQ and 5V pre-out. This is going to be fun!
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote