View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #296 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaienZ34 View Post
No way to delete it and trick the ecu into thinking the lock is there and working as of yet correct ?
we do not know yet as it appears it sends constant signal to the BCM at a certain programmed frequency. i would assume a relay could simulate the open/closed position inside the lock but there's still a PCB in there from what i read. in that case one would need to still remove the unit, open it up and replace the motor with a relay...but who knows how well that's going to last either.

by the time someone makes a full bypass module i think it's going to be like over $250 and loose steering lock feature. be cheaper to just get the oem lock and keep it in the trunk. sell it when you sell the car, kinda.

or just wait out and hope for a recall.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote