View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gauge
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Nismo PW
Gauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the rough
Default So who buys a brand new Nismo in WI without checking the weather?

This season in WI has been unseasonably dry. It has only really snowed once all winter. So we didn't even think to check the weather. I go to pick my Nismo up and a massive winter storm comes overhead. Things were ok for awhile on the highway, then the rear end came out, luckilly no one was even remotely close to me and there was an off ramp right there.

I'm a very capable snow driver (many years exp) so I got control rather quickly and pulled into the ramp. Barely got up a hill to a Days Inn, and here I am writing this.

I'm very sad my first day owning it turned into this Snow has passed and since we live in a very urban area the roads are cleared out. Gonna make a run for it here pretty soon. One thing is CERTAIN. I need blizzaks, soon, very very soon. Those Nismo tires barely get traction on damp roads lol, let alone snow. Also first car I've owned with traction control so that was really messing me up. Kept feeling like I was stalling but I wasn't.

Many embarrassing pics to follow
Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote