View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
Has anyone actually had their 370Z tuned with a Cobb port?. I have the port but the tuner is having some trouble getting the software.

Yes, Cobb in Plano Tx tuned mine and I'm also having problems getting the software to install so I can read the tuning tables and learn the software. Typically do my own tuning and honestly have seen hundreds of cars tuned, but I'm about as lost as a big dog can be. Not being able to get the software working is one thing........the other is how the car responded to tuning.

The car was very rich on the top end (in the 10's) and should have picked up decent power from tuning. I have Stillen Gen III intake, Headers, Berk Cats and full Stillen exhaust so air in/out should not be an issue. Going from 10 whatever to 12.7 AFR produced absolutely no power gains. Calvin whom does the tuning was a bit stumped also. The only thing I can think of is the air intake temps were between 106-108 and the car does not like warm (really hot) air, or the computer somehow purposely limits the power until it learns. Dunno??

For some odd reason cars do not dyno well here in Dallas in the summer. Not sure if it's the heat or air quality, but I'm waiting for fall to give the tuning another shot. Take it back on the original dyno where I have my baselines in cooler weather and see what happens. If someone has any words of wisdom.....I'm all teeth n ears.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote