View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #37 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
I recently installed FI CBE and LTH...am I screwed when it comes to emissions? I live in MD by the way.
I want to chime in on this! The headers are "technically" For Off Road Use! Now I have plenty of customers (at their own discretion) that run them!

Take California out of this equation for a minute. Every county in every state will have different requirements to pass smog.

Now in MD (if) they do a visual they will look for a cat. (If) they do not see one, you will fail! (If) they use a sniffer, you will fail!

However if they are like a lot of places and they just scan for codes, then you will pass.

Now let's go back to the cat thing for a minute. We now have the ability to add HFC's to the back of the lead pipes right in front of the X Pipe. You can go with our 300 cell metallic cats or our 100 cell metallic cats. This option will completely eliminate your "raw fuel gas smell" out of the rear! By adding a cat to the equation you should be able to pass the visual inspection, as long as they do not require a cat in stock location!

As far as the sniffer test, there is no guarantee until you try!

I could go on and on! If you have any questions or need any advise, please do not hesitate to call me directly...

Thank you, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote