Thread: South Louisiana
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeOne View Post
I bought an OEM one... non LED.

I tapped into my rear license plate light wires to get it to turn ON when the lights come on. I don't have a switch and mine doesn't blink... just on or off. You can do all of this under the bumper, no need to remove anything.

To connect it up to a switch, you'd have to run wires all the way into the cabin and remove all of the panels. To make it blink, you'd have to wire in some sort of relay or control mod to make the power turn on and off. I don't have any experience with that, but if it came with wiring schematics, it shouldn't be that bad.
Just finished the installation - went well with very few hangups. The nuts on the fake plug came off easy - I did turn REAL slow REAL easy. Didn't seem to have a lot of Locktite on them Maybe Nissan decided they were not doing the right thing - Dunno... Anyways, its set up as Flashing on Brakes (I distinctly wanted this feature as I am always worried about the A-holes texting and driving or whatever behind me) and steady on lights. It Looks Awesome. I stood in my garage with the lights off admiring for a few minutes... Tomorrow test drive... YEAH!~ SUCCESS...!!!

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote