View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #82 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Got a bit more work done the last couple of days.

Port matching: perfect..and everything gets back purged (the proper way to weld tubing) with argon to ensure very smooth joints
on the inside. No back purge= "sugaring" on the inside

Any time two solid exhaust banks are joined together a flex pipe is a MUST, so the passenger side looks like so:

Random shot..

All welded up on the outside:

Passenger side wastegate location:

Driver side wastegate location:

The whole thing comes off by removing 6 header bolts and one V-band clamp

The two wastegates will join on the driver side where the transmission ends. Then the single 2" dump tube will be routed in to the down pipe.

I also finally met (face to face) the soon to be owner of what will be my (well, his) 370z turbo kit. After going through all the details and confusing him with the wastegate operation explanation, I think he is excided to get this project started as I am. April should be a good month.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote