Thread: South Louisiana
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZ370 View Post
Yeah - So I gather.

Did you do the F1 Flashing light hookup? Or Just Steady On? How difficult was it to remove all the trim pieces and get to the wires (didn't look anything like seriously difficult - but looks can be deceiving sometimes) on the tail lights? Did the light come with good instructions?

I bought an OEM one... non LED.

I tapped into my rear license plate light wires to get it to turn ON when the lights come on. I don't have a switch and mine doesn't blink... just on or off. You can do all of this under the bumper, no need to remove anything.

To connect it up to a switch, you'd have to run wires all the way into the cabin and remove all of the panels. To make it blink, you'd have to wire in some sort of relay or control mod to make the power turn on and off. I don't have any experience with that, but if it came with wiring schematics, it shouldn't be that bad.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote