View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Thanks, Jim. I just notice things are a bit funky lately, but that's probably because I've been boosting more often. We should've done it this morning while the car was on the lift, but he's going to double check the wastegate actuator rod to make sure it is tight and is keeping the exhaust flap closed.

Other than that, it completely baffles us that the MBC wasn't doing anything useful after giving roughly 7 full turns. Boost held steady at 5 PSI, but man it boring in 3rd gear. I didn't see full 5 PSI until 5k or so regardless of the MBC setting.

BTW, what does this mean? I'm loading the car under boost in 3rd gear to about 4k, quickly let go, and the revs jump to 5-6k as the BOVs open up.
Have you checked the BOV's? One could be stuck open just a bit. I had a issue with mine where one was stuck just a little bit open. It was causing some weird issues. Took mine apart and cleaned and lubed them and it was good to go.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote