View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
Would my logic be correct in that an air filter that has the lowest DPMO also is more air restrictive (therefore not providing the typical gains seen from dropin filters (k&N filters since they are most common on this forum)
generally. There could be a filter with a very low DPMO but also has a high flow... but then again things like that would probably cost more than people are willing to pay and so no one bothers to make one. Its all possible..

P.S i would assume the stock filter has a low DPMO and also doesn't flow very well... because as much as we want to believe otherwise, Nissan won't put a filter in there that could cause engine damage and thus have them to pay out on a warranty fix. They will be overly cautious to protect their money.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote