View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
Jackson
Base Member

Drives: BMW E46 M3
Jackson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZ370 View Post
Can anyone help me out with how the settings on the sway bars effect the car's handling? ie: stiffer in the front cause more oversteer or undetsteer, same for the rear - also, not tracking the car, just spirited road driving at best. Doing The Dragon in April, what would be a good setting for a good run (not overly aggressive)? Thanks - Best responses get Rep!
UPDATE: Never Mind! I found the Thread : Suspension adjustments and how they affect handling
The stiffer the front bar is set the more understeer you will notice. Use the adjustment holes closer to the center for a stiffer rate. The outer holes will allow more flex and make the rate softer.

Depending on your set up, driving style and driving conditions, I would set up the car for understeer with a stiffer front setting first and softer rear setting. This will allow you to get used to the car without having too drastic of a change. You can increase the rear rate and decrease the front rate if you feel you need the car to rotate more.
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote