View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #1129 (permalink)
harp00n
Base Member

Drives: G35x '07
harp00n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motordyne View Post
It doubt it has anything to do with the tabs. Its likely the interaction of all the exhaust parts. It may also be related to the changes made to the pipes but its hard to say. I haven't tested it like that.
Well, yesterday my muffler mechanic inspected the exhaust and everything seems to be fine with the tabs (they are connected to the engine through the rubber, so I doubt they are the issue) and other components. The only thing he has found is a little leak between the driver's ART pipe and collector, I'll fix that leak soon, but it seems to add only a little rasp at the highest RPM's and not connected with the loud drone issue I have.

I understand that Borla is a very loud exhaust by itself and might did some drone with the stock catalyc converters but it was ok. And when I changed them with the Berk's HFC the drone and rasp became VERY annoying and I had to add Moroso Spiral Flow resonators. They helped that issue, decreasing the drone inside of the cabin and almost cutting the rasp I had.

Now, with the new ART pipes i still don't have any rasp , but the drone is really annoying under the load at 2000-3000rpm. I suppose, my additional Moroso Spiral Flow resonators can't fight such amount of drone, so maybe I should change them to something more efficient? Though I'm limited in the choice as they should be no longer than 15 inches and no fatter than 4 inches...

I started to think, as I already have dynamat materials in the rear of the cabin (rear sits, rear floor and subwoofer deck) maybe I should add some dynamat sound deadening materials to my trunk, as drone comes mostly from the rear, should I? And maybe I even should add dynamat to the front of the cabin (to the floor), as I feel drone a little under my legs too. Though I don't want to make my car too heavy after all those materials

Any other ideas how to reduce my drone?

Last edited by harp00n; 02-22-2012 at 04:35 AM.
harp00n is offline   Reply With Quote