View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #80 (permalink)
cereal2k
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S vert
cereal2k will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzebill View Post
hey cereal2k, you should recognize my name, since we're both on the MYG37 site too.

ha ha, I haven't bought a vert yet. In fact, on MYG37 I just asked the question, "which hardtop convertible to buy?"

I've had some great lease offers, but have been trying to hang on to my $$ I guess. I've turned into a 'serial car negotiator.'

I have a Miata I bought in 1989, and really want a hardtop, but no room in the garage since my G37x sedan and Miata are in there. I'm even looking at a new Miata since I began autox in my old Miata.

When I look at the 370Z roadster, and start pricing it out, might as well buy the G, which is more for the $$.

"So here I sit brokenhearted, tried to buy, but can't get started."

Hahaha. Yeah your handle is beginning to look familiar now.
It really boils down to what you really want (hard top vert) and what you will or won't be willing to compromise on.
Do you want that top down feeling with the security of a hardtop etc.
Will you care to track/autocross? then may want to reconsider due to weight. FI makes up for the weight somewhat as it's been done with a supercharged vert G vert. If the miata is the dedicated track car, and the G vert is just for general daily or weekend only enjoyment then it's an easier decision. If it's nimble you are looking for in a hardtop that's a two seater only the the BMW Z4 and the new Miatas are the other options I think. If the hardtop is not a must have then the 370Z roadster, although I prefer the 350z roadster styling with the top down.

I mean the G vert is just so utilitarian with the back storage space (notice I did not say back seats)