View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
zfive
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z Nismo
zfive is on a distinguished road
Default Catback exhaust DIY?

I don't see a Catback exhaust DIY in the DIY index, is it too simple to do to deserve its own DIY article? I should be getting my ARK catback from the good people at Tunerzstore tomorrow and I'm planning on attempting the install myself over the weekend. A DIY article would have been nice, but in any case, any pointers would be awesome. I'm installing on an '11 Nismo. I've already read everything I could find on the forum about exhaust installs on Nismos -- including the issue on the Nismo driver side muffler hanger that's supposedly different from regular 370 muffler hangers. Looks like the ARK doesn't have this hanger so I'm hoping I won't have that issue. I also read that I should start from the back (muffler section) and work my way to the front to make alignment easier, etc.,

Anyhow, any advice would be appreciated. I'm gonna jack the car up unto 4 rhino ramps, hopefully that'll give me enough room to work with. Last thing... do you guys use a torque wrench to tighten the exhaust bolts or just tighten by feel? If torque wrench, what ft-lbs?

thanks much!
zfive is offline   Reply With Quote