View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
icic. i was just watching some pro track videos. these guys are straight up racing but the jolt doesn't seem very apparent with the in-car cameras.

@kenchan u know what i mean lawl. i know my technique isn't perfect but everyone notices how first gear engages a bit slow compared to other cars. i don't even understand why
A lot of track/drag racers will burn their clutches though to save time. Especially at the drag strip, drivers looking for the fastest time ride the clutch pretty hard because they never let go of gas fully.

Basically when they need to shift they will drop from 100% engagement of gas pedal to about 50-60%( instead of fullly disengaging the gas to 0%) before hitting the clutch pedal.

This will allow for smoother and quicker shifts with less footwork involved. However, don't expect your clutch to hold up.