View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

I learned manual on my 370z. Your left foot does not have clutch skills at first. Its reflexes that you develop slowly as you go along.

Only way i can really say it is you have to learn how to "caress" the clutch with your left foot.

I have owned the car for a total of 7 Months now, only thing that bothers me still becuase i dont get much practise on is hills. The skill to start slowly up a hill with out jerking foward fast, and then being able to stop smoothly 5 feet after intial movement. I can do it all jerky and jacked up but i want to do it with out rolling or being smooth.

The last thing is, even though I learned how to drive manual, I only know syncro rev. I turn it off and all my shifts are jerky and not smooth. Part of me is saying i should learn with out it, part of me is saying why bother.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote