View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I am leaving on the stock OEM cats, and just changing the cat-back, and putting in drop-in K&N filters.

What kind of whp am I looking at for that setup, and what about BERK? I like their sound, but wanted other advice before I threw their name in the mix.
The stock cats will muffle out any real drone/rasp you might get. So it's basically whichever one you prefer. I honestly like the look of the Fast Intentions/ARK/HKS design over Berk/Stillen/Nismo. But that's personal preference. Power numbers have been proven that FI nets the highest gains. But 1/2 hp difference is up to you if it's worth it. No exhaust is going to be leaps and bounds better than others of similar design.

Have you been to any meets to hear different setups in person? Or watched any vids?

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote