View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #112 (permalink)
Telephone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Sport M6
Telephone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
I can't stand clear bras (on cars). What's the cost of that service? the only rock chips my car has are on the front bumper and I can get a quality respray on that for around $300 through a friend connection.
Well, good for you and your friend. Opinions are like ********...but it's my new car, not yours. I fought hard to get my 370Z. It's my first new car and I want to keep it looking great for a long time. I don't live in Jerkwater USA. I have to daily-drive on SoCal super highways and it sucks. I don't want to re-spray my front bumper every year. To me, that's a hassle.

It was $800 for the clear bra + $200 for the tint.
It took all day. They wrapped the hood. I can't even tell it's there. They even gave me a bottle of XPEL wax for the clear bra. 3 weeks ago I didn't even know what a "clear bra" was....not until I did my research here on the forums. An overwhelming amount members recommended a clear bra for a daily-driven Z.

I took iPhone photos at sunset, so the 35% tint appears darker. Thanks to the forum, I was able to warn the shop about the infamous peeling that so many Zs encounter on the front windows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo1.jpg (432.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (417.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg XPEL Hood.jpg (484.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg photo3.jpg (451.3 KB, 20 views)
Telephone is offline   Reply With Quote