View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #147 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Took my 370 in

I took my 370 in last Tuesday (2/14) for a bunch of SMALL problems...
Fuel gauge never read full
Driver's door squeaked
Passenger door speaker rattled a BIT
Trunk wouldn't always pop open

So, they had my car and I said I'd come back on Friday, got a call Friday, they said the instrument cluster is on backorder and since it has my odometer reading they NEED to special order it from Nissan so they program it with the correct miles... They said, Monday, AKA today... They said the fuel lights still don't light up (fuel sending unit)... I said, I can come back Thursday...
Now why do I have these random days??? I took my car in to a Houston dealership, and I live in Dallas and go to school in Dallas. So I took it from Houston to Dallas (250 miles) BACK to Houston (250 miles), then took my girlfriend from Houston to Austin (200 miles), then back to Houston (200 miles), now in Dallas (250 miles) and once I go back to Houston (250 miles)
Let's do the math, 1400 miles on SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR!!! And that's not counting the other miscellaneous stops I made in any city or my 15 mile commute to class or work or anything...

As much as I love driving my 370, freeway drives don't need to be done with my sports car, a Maxima/Altima will do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechidz View Post
ok, to clear up a few inaccuracies here,

1. yes you can get full factory warranty up to the first 36 months or 36,000 miles of the original warranty, whichever comes first. and yes you can still get the $0 deductible.... however if you have gone past 12000 miles before you decide to purchase the extended warranty the price of the warranty and the $o deductible option increases, albeit not that significantly.

2. I was quoted $1471 for 7 years and 100,000 miles assuming the car has less than 12000 miles currently and $50 deductible. since my car has over 12k and I would want $0 deductible the price would rise approximately $300 bringing it closer to what you paid and since you got your warranty from your local dealership it might be worth the extra money you paid for your warranty to establish that relationship, so you didn't do too bad on your price.
3. That said, Santa Rosa Nissan does have the best bottom line prices on extended warranties
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote