View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardturtle View Post
I stopped by my local Nissan dealer the other day.. totally blown off on wanting to check out and test drive a Z.

I'm 22 years old, and realize I'm young and look even younger than I am, but I'm still pissed about this. I brought in my car, indicating I wanted to trade that in, which knocks about 16 grand off of what I would need to acquire in a loan. With savings, I can almost buy a new Z base package outright.

I explained to the guy that I'm starting a job in about a month from now, I have my trade-in fully paid off, etc. He flat-out told me that dealerships do not allow test drives of 'sports cars'. Surely you guys took out your Z before buying it, right? I told him that I couldn't spend 30-40k on a car in good faith without knowing I would enjoy it, first. He basically gave me his card and told me to call him if I changed my mind. Anyone else have this experience, or do I just need to go to a different dealer? I neglected to bring any parents along because I'm financing this on my own, but my dad seems to think I need to bring him along to be taken seriously. I hope that isn't the case...

Thanks
Bought my 350Z i had when i was 21... ITs not age it may have been your approach sounds like he thought you were wasting his time.

Go to a different dealer and talk less about the final deal and more about you are adiment about test driving the car before you sign the papers. Throw some buying words out to the salesman.

Walk in there like you own that dealership brotha!

Im 30 now and go and test drive cars a good amount just for fun
Test drove an EVO X and 2011 Mustang GT for the hell of it 2 weeks ago.