View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Speedy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: check my signature
Speedy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
Amsoil advertises 25000 mile interval change on their motor oil i used on my Z.
I changed under 4000 always but its good to know the viscosity break down and other key aspects of the motor oil can withstand abuse for that long.

You would however want to change your oil filter every 3-4K miles as that could cause some issues rocking that for 10-25k miles!

Amsoil is the first in synthetics as well, quality stuff i used it in my Engine, Transmission and differential on my 350Z.
Also use it in my daily driver Jaguar X type in the engine and manual trans, and transfer case.

Both cars it made the transmission feel sooooo much better, also in my Z switching from Mobil 1 to Amsoil i noticed less of a friction feel in the higher RPMs... My gas mileage went up a couple miles as well
I ran oil filters for 20K miles (Purolator Pure One) and the analysis showed they were still fine even at 20K.

Amsoil is good stuff, but it's a high priced boutique oil. The 25K OCI assumes your changing filters which require a top up of the oil in the sump which in turn renews the additive pack. That's how it lasts so long.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote